Download The Secret History of the Mongols PDF

The Secret History of the Mongols: The Life and Times of Chinggis Khan FREE PDF




The Secret History of the Mongols: The Life and Times of Chinggis Khan FREE PDF





While I agree with other reviewers that this is a better translation than Cleaves, it is not very well-sourced. Onon makes many assertions based on "I know this because I am a Mongol" which are not, as far as I can tell, supportable. I would recommend Onon for his readability, but the two-volume Igor De Rachewiltz translation has far better annotations and commentary for scholarly purposes. Onon's assertions (especially about Buddhism in the Mongol Empire) should probably be taken with numerous grains of salt.
Neither translation is particularly affordable for the average person, which is why we have interlibrary-loan.





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.